This Module is a part of a 95 Hour Children's Yoga Teacher Training. You can take a few of the modules or complete all 6 modules to become a yoga Alliance Registered Children's Yoga Teacher.
In the Yoga for Social & Emotional Well-Being module, you will learn yoga practices for being aware of one's feelings and techniques to manage them for emotional stability and balance. You will also learn yoga practices to “open the heart” and help children cultivate the ability to be loving, compassionate, empathetic and be able to act in a socially acceptable way.
You Will Learn:
- The concept that emotions are like guests, they come and go
- How to stay aware of one’s emotions, assess them and shift them to a more positive and balanced state
- What is Heartfulness
- Why cultivate Heartfulness in children
- How to teach yoga practices such as yoga poses, breathing and meditation, to help children manage, regulate and balance their emotions
- How to teach yoga practices to help children cultivate the ability to be loving, compassionate, empathetic and to be able to act in a socially acceptable way
- Games and art activities to promote children’s social and emotional well-being